- Starchy Carbs (sparingly) - bagels (whole wheat), bran muffins, cereals (high-fiber, oatmeal), pasta (whole wheat), rice (wild or brown), bread (multi-grain, bran, whole wheat).
- Lean beef (i.e. good cuts)
- Lean poultry (skinless chicken or turkey breast)
- Lean pork
- Fruit - apples, medium-sized banana (added Jun '04), blueberries, grapefruit, grapes, mangoes, oranges, peaches
- Vegetables - barley, black-eyed peas, pinto beans, sweet potatoes, yams, onions, carrots.
- Dairy - yogurt, milk (fat-free, 1%, 2-3 cups max.) Note that yogurt can be articially sweetened non-fat - but limit to 4 oz per day.
- Sweets - chocolate (semi-sweet).
- Soy products (<>
Foods to AVOID
- Starchy Carbs - all refined carbs - white breads, white pastas, white rice, rice cakes, cookies.
- Fruit -
canned fruit, fruit juice, pineapple, raisins, watermelon.
- Vegetables - beets
, corn, white potatoes
- Dairy - full cream