Foods Allowed (controlled portions)
- Lean beef (i.e. good cuts)
- Lean poultry (skinless chicken or turkey breast)
- Lean pork
- Vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, celery, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, onions, fennel.
- Legumes - beans
- Cheeses - fat-free, cottage cheese
- Dairy - (fat-free or 1% milk, fat-free plain yogurt). Dairy limited to 2 servings per day.
- Oils -canola or olive oil
- Sweets / Sugars - no more that 75 calories per day
Foods to AVOID
- All High Carbs - bread, cereal, rice, pasta, potatos, all baked goods.
- All Dairy - milk, yogurt and ice cream
- Fruit - all fruits and fruit juices
- Cheese - full fat
- Vegetables - barley, carrots, white or sweet potatos, corn, yams, beets.